September 28, 2023—Associated Skin Care Professionals (ASCP), the leading professional association serving the skin care profession, is searching for its new Program Director.
ASCP is part of Professional Assist Corporation (PAC), an organization consisting of four associations—
Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP), Associated Skin Care Professionals (ASCP),
Associated Hair Professionals (AHP), and Associated Nail Professionals (ANP). We help our members—the professionals in these fields—build successful careers and businesses by providing liability insurance coverage, advanced and on-demand continuing education, member magazines, business and marketing tools, and legislative advocacy.
PAC is dedicated to helping our members build and maintain successful practices and our business philosophy is summed up by our motto: expectmore.
PAC is located in the foothills of Golden, Colorado, in Genesee—a great location between downtown Denver and the Colorado High Country—where our team of 50+ employees serves our membership of over 118,000 individuals across the country.
PAC is searching for the next leader of Associated Skin Care Professionals, the preeminent organization serving the field of esthetics. This position of Program Director is responsible for driving revenue through membership promotion and engagement, and spearheading membership experience efforts with oversight of strategy, including membership attraction and engagement, and executing those strategies.
This is a unique opportunity to join an established and respected association in the field of esthetics at a leadership level and take an important seat at the table to help guide and support the profession. If you’re ready to take your career to the next level and make an impact on your field at a national level, we want to meet you. We offer impressive benefits, including health/dental/vision/accident/disability insurance options, PTO, and 401k, all embedded in a Colorado-based employee-owned organization.
ASCP Program Director Job Mission
Accelerate the elevation of Associated Skin Care Professionals into a dominant, vibrant, authoritative membership association, through service, innovation, efficiency, and ingenuity. The successful ASCP Program Director will:
- Be the association catalyst as we establish specific strategies to attract and retain members;
- Facilitate relationships and partnerships to strengthen ASCP’s membership value proposition;
- In partnership with the ASCP Education Program Manager, develop best-in-class content for ASCP members and prospective members;
- Represent PAC as the primary ambassador to the skin care profession and partner with the AHP Program Director where applicable to jointly represent PAC to the broader cosmetology profession;
- Work collaboratively with the PAC Senior Director of Marketing and within the PAC Marketing department to develop and support resources that will continue to establish ASCP as the essential membership association for skin care professionals.
- Be the essential resource for PAC for the skin care profession, understanding the market, players, and key opportunities. Serve as point of contact for outside entities, and an initial resource for those seeking to learn from/partner with ASCP.
- Serve as key strategy developer for the organization in conjunction with Marketing team and senior leadership.
- Manage the ASCP budget and coordinate industry events on behalf of ASCP.
- Serve as the primary representative for ASCP at industry meetings, shows, and events.
- Be an active participant in PAC content development strategies and represent/contribute to ASCP-focused aspects of any project.
- Collaborate and partner with the AHP Program Director, ASCP Education Manager, and PAC Marketing team to support initiatives in the broader cosmetology field.
- Make an estimated 25—30 expired member outreach calls per week to help members renew their membership.
For consideration, well-qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Background/training/experience in skin care/esthetics
- Work experience in esthetics field—ideally as practitioner and in the field
- 5+ years of pertinent work experience in a business environment
- Understanding of/experience in an association or non-profit environment a plus
- Organized, flexible, resourceful
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and Teams
- Experience working with teams on large-scale projects
- Follow through on issues in a consistent and timely manner
- Work as part of an energetic, thoughtful team
- Able to collaborate on projects and work content
- Ability to brainstorm and problem-solve within a team environment
- Experience working in a project management system (Monday.com, Asana, Basecamp) a plus
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
Competencies required of PAC leaders include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Executive presence
- Individual, team, and project management
- Strategic agility
- Financial management
- Personal integrity and professional conduct
PAC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We realize the key to creating a company with a world-class culture and employee experience comes from who we hire and creating a workplace that celebrates everyone. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, HIV status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Benefits of PAC Employment
- Comprehensive health insurance, including group medical, dental, vision, life, accident, and disability options
- Initial PTO of 3 weeks (15 days) in addition to eight standard company holidays, plus two personal days, and one volunteer day per year
- Sabbatical program for employees with 5+ years of experience
- 401k plan with up to 5% employer matching contribution
- Inclusive workplace—an Equal Opportunity Employer that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Empowering environment—2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 Denver Post Top Workplace
- $400 annual Beauty and Wellness Allowance
- Competitive compensation (salary range $80,000–$100,000, with opportunity for growth bonus)
The pay for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), and other law.
This is a full-time, exempt position. We embrace a hybrid work environment. Tuesdays through Thursdays we work in our office; Mondays and Fridays we have the option to work from home.
We invite interested and qualified candidates to provide a cover letter detailing their experience and interest, supported by a professional resume, to email@example.com.