posted on: May 30, 2023
This condition appears in the ASCP SkinPro app
What is Avocado Oil?
An oil extracted from the avocado fruit; it contains a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals that can provide antioxidant benefits to the skin. Also known as persea gratissima oil.
What Should I Know About Avocado Oil?
- Contains many fatty acids and is an excellent skin emollient.
- Prevents transepidermal water loss and improves hydration of the skin.
Avocado Oil Treatment Considerations
- As an antioxidant, helpful for most skin types.
- Addresses barrier function impairment for dry and dehydrated skin.
- Contains a high percentage of oleic acid, which even though it has a relatively low comedogenicity potential and a “0” irritancy rating, may not be appropriate for oily, clog-prone skin when used in strong concentration.
- In low concentrations, it poses little potential comedogenic issues.
Avocado Oil Contraindications
- Generally considered safe, except for those allergic to avocado.
- Use intake forms to screen for potential allergies that may affect the individual client.
- Avoid high concentrations with oily, clog-prone skin.
ASCP Members can access SkinPro to continue reading about avocado oil and other ingredients and conditions
Not yet a member? Join today to access SkinPro and all of the member resources we have to offer!
The must-have app for estheticians!
Designed to aid in skin analysis by putting the essential knowledge of contraindications and best practices for skin-related conditions and ingredients at your fingertips, ASCP SkinPro is an exciting new app for estheticians at every stage of their career, now included for free—exclusively to ASCP members!
- Log in to post comments