Are you interested in serving on the Wisconsin Cosmetology Examining Board (Examining Board)? Governor Tony Evers’ office is looking to fill three vacancies with qualified applicants: one seat is open for a cosmetologist or esthetican and two seats are open to public members.
ASCP encourages interested and eligible members to consider applying for an appointment because it’s a rewarding opportunity to learn about various functions of state government and it provides an important service to the community. Please mention the two public member vacancies to anyone you know who may be interested.
Am I Qualified?
Candidates applying for the cosmetologist or esthetician vacancy must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Wisconsin
- Hold a current and active cosmetology or esthetics license
Candidates applying for the public member vacancy must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Wisconsin and have no connection to the cosmetology profession either personally or professionally
How Do I Apply?
Follow these steps to apply for an appointment:
- Visit the governor’s Board and Commissions Application webpage
- Fill out the required personal information and employment and professional experience history
- Select “Cosmetology Examining Board” in the dropdown menu when asked what board appointment you are seeking
- Attach a copy of your resume and include applicable letters of recommendation. You will also be asked to briefly describe your training and experience as it relates to the Examining Board
About the Examining Board
The Examining Board is comprised of nine governor-appointed members who serve four-year terms. The purpose of the Examining Board is to regulate the practice of cosmetology in Wisconsin. The Examining Board issues, reprimands, limits, suspends, or denies cosmetology and establishment licenses; creates health and safety standards for cosmetology best practice; determines cosmetology establishment sanitation rules; establishes continuing education requirements; and conducts examinations.
Help shape the future of Wisconsin cosmetology and apply for an appointment today!
- Log in to post comments