Emergency rules were adopted by the Wyoming Business Council (WBC) to provide a regulatory framework to issue stipends to Wyoming businesses that experienced business interruptions and losses caused by mandated closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Business Interruption Stipend Program (https://s3.amazonaws.com/govhawk-registers/WY_20200602_17741.htm) became effective June 2, 2020, and the WBC is now accepting applications.
- Applicants must have incurred actual business losses due to COVID-19 business closures
- Tribal government-owned businesses are not eligible
- Government-owned entities are not eligible
- Nonprofit entities are not eligible
- If your business has already received a stipend (e.g., Corona Business Relief Stipend, Corona Mitigation Stipend), you can still apply for the Business Interruption Stipend
All applicants must fill out an application (https://wybusinessgrants.force.com/covid/s/login/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fcovid%2Fs%2F) and submit it to the WBC. Stipends will be issued based on prioritized criteria, and preference will be given to those who have not received assistance from other programs, such as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), in the following order:
- Businesses that were deemed required to close (including nail salons, hair salons, barbershops, massage therapy services, and cosmetology and esthetic services)
- Businesses that may have received PPP funding but were required to close, and/or businesses that did not receive PPP funding but were not specified to close
- Any applicant
For additional help, go to wyobizrelief.org or call 877-257-7844.