RE: Information regarding your state’s safety guidelines to minimize risk of exposure to, and spread of, COVID-19 in the workplace.
Statewide Order #3 Guidelines
State Health Officer Alexia Harrist issued an eighth modification to statewide Public Health Order #3 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WFgMtZ8FGLpG57RpckvYq3vrSR_FvNHa/view) regarding nail salons, hair salons, barbershops, massage therapist services (medical massage is exempt), cosmetology, and esthetic services. The order is effective July 16, 2020, through July 31, 2020, and details guidelines these businesses must follow. Below is a summary of the mandatory safety protocols:
- Stations must be spaced six feet apart on all sides, and the number of clients and staff on-site should be limited to allow for adequate space between stations.
- Employees should be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before each shift and screening logs should be kept and made available for inspection by a local health officer. Businesses must also record working hours for COVID-19 contact tracking.
- Employees who are ill or exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed to work. Employees must wear face coverings when within six feet of clients or staff.
- Clients must wear face coverings as much as possible when receiving services and remain six feet apart from others when in waiting areas. Waiting areas should have floor markers.
- Cleaning and sanitizing must be performed after every client, and a business should not operate without appropriate EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Contactless and non-signature payment methods are encouraged.
Visit the Wyoming COVID-19 Information webpage (https://covid19.wyo.gov/) for the most up-to-date information regarding coronavirus testing, available financial assistance, and health and safety precautions.
Additional Safety Resources
We understand there is a fine line between getting back to work and earning an income and protecting the safety of you and your clients. As you consider returning to work, we urge you to make government permission to work only one element of your decision about whether and when to reopen. Please review our comprehensive series of back-to-practice guidelines to help reduce risk and keep you and your clients safe.
- Massage practitioners: ABMP Back-to-Practice Guidelines (https://www.abmp.com/back-to-practice/summary)
- Estheticians: ASCP Back-to-Practice Guidelines (www.ascpskincare.com/back-to-practice/summary)
- Cosmetologists: AHP Back-to-Practice Guidelines (www.associatedhairprofessionals.com/back-to-practice/summary)
- Nail professionals: ANP Back-to-Practice Guidelines (https://www.nailprofessional.com/back-to-practice/summary)
We appreciate your membership and will continue working on your behalf to update you as we learn more. Please check our COVID-19 page (https://www.abmp.com/updates/news/information-abmp-members-state-shutdown-orders#Wyoming) for updates. Be safe and be well.