COVID-19 AND SKIN CARE SCHOOLS:
- COVID-19 ASCP Communication to School Partners: 3/18/2020 address to skin care schools from ASCP Executive Director, Tracy Donley, and ASCP Senior Director of School Outreach, Jesse Cormier.
- Coronavirus Resource Center: AACS is committed to providing the latest information to keep skin care institutions, students, staff and the public safe and healthy.
WHAT OTHER INDUSTRY LEADERS ARE SAYING:
- Your Spa Has Been Ordered To Close—Now What?: Posted on 3/28/2020 by American Spa.
- F.A.Q. on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill: Posted on 3/26/2020 by The New York Times.
- Guidance for Licensees in Barber/Cosmetology Professions in Colorado regarding Coronavirus: Posted on 3/17/2020 by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- Facebook announces $100 million program for small businesses impacted by coronavirus: Posted on 3/17/2020 by CNBC.
- Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19): Posted on 3/16/2020 by Modern Salon.
- A Look Into How Long COVID-19 Lives on Surfaces: Posted on 3/18/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- 5 Ways Clients Can Support Salons During COVID-19: Posted on 3/17/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- Why These 3 Salon Owners Decided to Close Up Shop: Posted on 3/16/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- PBA Shares Coronavirus Safety Tips for Salons: Posted on 3/13/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- Beauty Changes Lives: A $100,000 portfolio of $1,000 relief grants for nail pros has been donated by CND. A $25,000 portfolio of $1,000 relief grants for future and licensed pros in cosmetology, esthetics, barbering, and massage therapy has been donated by The Horst Rechlbacher Foundation.
- Coronavirus Best Practice: Phorest Salon Software is dedicated to providing key information and planning techniques that salon owners and industry professionals should adopt in order to prepare for the effects that Coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on business and team members.
- Log in to post comments
Does disability insurance cover illness (i.e. in the case of contracting COVID-19 and needing time off to recover)?
RE: DISABILITY INSURANCE
Excellent question Alia. ASCP membership does not include disability coverage as a member benefit, only professional, general, and product liability insurance. To learn more about disability insurance options, I encourage you to reach out to our partner, Salon & Spa Benefits for information regarding disability insurance, critical illness, health, dental, and more. ASCP members receive a special discount on rates and they will be able to accurately address your questions and concerns.
Emily Morgan (ASCP Membership Program Manager)