Coronavirus and Your Practice
After speaking to many of our loyal ASCP members, along with the urging of numerous local and state governments, we strongly suggest you close your doors in order to protect the community you serve. There is no way you can safely treat clients in person in today’s environment, especially with a large proportion of COVID-19 carriers being asymptomatic. It is not easy for us to make this recommendation, especially after hearing many of your concerns about the possible financial hardship that may be before you.
We recommend that you bookmark this page to stay informed on how COVID-19 may affect your skin care business and what you can do to be proactive. Here you will find COVID-19 resources, business preservation tips, client engagement ideas, and self-care activities, as well as the latest announcements from ASCP. (See below for a list of updates).
As this situation evolves, it’s important to stay informed through credible sources such as the
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
COVID-19 Updates from ASCP
COVID-19 AND SKIN CARE SCHOOLS:
- COVID-19 ASCP Communication to School Partners: 3/18/2020 address to skin care schools from ASCP Executive Director, Tracy Donley, and ASCP Senior Director of School Outreach, Jesse Cormier.
- Coronavirus Resource Center: AACS is committed to providing the latest information to keep skin care institutions, students, staff and the public safe and healthy.
WHAT OTHER INDUSTRY LEADERS ARE SAYING:
- Your Spa Has Been Ordered To Close—Now What?: Posted on 3/28/2020 by American Spa.
- F.A.Q. on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill: Posted on 3/26/2020 by The New York Times.
- Guidance for Licensees in Barber/Cosmetology Professions in Colorado regarding Coronavirus: Posted on 3/17/2020 by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- Facebook announces $100 million program for small businesses impacted by coronavirus: Posted on 3/17/2020 by CNBC.
- Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19): Posted on 3/16/2020 by Modern Salon.
- A Look Into How Long COVID-19 Lives on Surfaces: Posted on 3/18/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- 5 Ways Clients Can Support Salons During COVID-19: Posted on 3/17/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- Why These 3 Salon Owners Decided to Close Up Shop: Posted on 3/16/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- PBA Shares Coronavirus Safety Tips for Salons: Posted on 3/13/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- Beauty Changes Lives: A $100,000 portfolio of $1,000 relief grants for nail pros has been donated by CND. A $25,000 portfolio of $1,000 relief grants for future and licensed pros in cosmetology, esthetics, barbering, and massage therapy has been donated by The Horst Rechlbacher Foundation.
- Coronavirus Best Practice: Phorest Salon Software is dedicated to providing key information and planning techniques that salon owners and industry professionals should adopt in order to prepare for the effects that Coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on business and team members.