Coronavirus and Your Practice
To move forward in this time of uncertainty, we have developed a breadth of resources for the skin care profession. In addition to financial relief information, answers to your FAQs, and state updates, we have a created very thorough, heartfelt review of the issues and challenges you will face when you resume your practice. From preparing your treatment room and office for return to practice, to before/during/after session interaction, to detailed sanitation guidelines, you will find a clear, specific Back-to-Practice Guide, when you are ready for it.
Here at ASCP, we remain focused on supporting you during these unprecedented times. We are committed to you, and we are committed to getting through this together.
As this situation evolves, it’s important to stay informed through credible sources such as the
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
COVID-19 Updates from ASCP
COVID-19 AND SKIN CARE SCHOOLS:
- COVID-19 ASCP Communication to School Partners: 3/18/2020 address to skin care schools from ASCP Executive Director, Tracy Donley, and ASCP Senior Director of School Outreach, Jesse Cormier.
- Coronavirus Resource Center: AACS is committed to providing the latest information to keep skin care institutions, students, staff and the public safe and healthy.
WHAT OTHER INDUSTRY LEADERS ARE SAYING:
- Your Spa Has Been Ordered To Close—Now What?: Posted on 3/28/2020 by American Spa.
- F.A.Q. on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill: Posted on 3/26/2020 by The New York Times.
- Guidance for Licensees in Barber/Cosmetology Professions in Colorado regarding Coronavirus: Posted on 3/17/2020 by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- Facebook announces $100 million program for small businesses impacted by coronavirus: Posted on 3/17/2020 by CNBC.
- Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19): Posted on 3/16/2020 by Modern Salon.
- A Look Into How Long COVID-19 Lives on Surfaces: Posted on 3/18/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- 5 Ways Clients Can Support Salons During COVID-19: Posted on 3/17/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- Why These 3 Salon Owners Decided to Close Up Shop: Posted on 3/16/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- PBA Shares Coronavirus Safety Tips for Salons: Posted on 3/13/2020 by American Salon/The Beauty Experience.
- Beauty Changes Lives: A $100,000 portfolio of $1,000 relief grants for nail pros has been donated by CND. A $25,000 portfolio of $1,000 relief grants for future and licensed pros in cosmetology, esthetics, barbering, and massage therapy has been donated by The Horst Rechlbacher Foundation.
- Coronavirus Best Practice: Phorest Salon Software is dedicated to providing key information and planning techniques that salon owners and industry professionals should adopt in order to prepare for the effects that Coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on business and team members.