Learn more about peptides in the ASCP SkinPro app
Peptides are chains of amino acids that make up protein molecules. They are used by the body to signal functions to happen.
- Increases collagen and reduces the appearance of fine lines, eye puffiness, redness, and other skin conditions.
- Best used with other antiaging performance ingredients.
- The peptide, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4 (aka Matrixyl), increases collagen in the skin. Another peptide, acetyl hexapeptide-8 (aka Argireline), decreases the tension on facial expression lines.
- Use for aging and sun-damaged skin.
- Improves elasticity and softens the appearance of expression lines.
- Addresses acne-prone or oily congested skin.
- Peptides are largely non-irritating.
ASCP Members can access SkinPro to continue reading about melasma
Not yet a member? Join today to access SkinPro and all of the member resources we have to offer!
The must-have app for estheticians!
Designed to aid in skin analysis by putting the essential knowledge of contraindications and best practices for skin-related conditions and ingredients at your fingertips, ASCP SkinPro is an exciting new app for estheticians at every stage of their career, now included for free—exclusively to ASCP members!